Monday, April 23, 2012


The title pretty much explains it all. I have pneumonia. I have been bouncing between 102-104 temperature all weekend. I should have gone to the ER sooner than I did, but it actually took passing out and falling straight to the floor this morning before I agreed to go. That was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me.

When I woke up this morning at 5 a.m. to use the bathroom, I started to feel my heartbeat slow and my ears were ringing. I started getting tunnel vision and thought to myself that I needed to get to my husband because something was horribly wrong. On my way to the stairs I dropped to the floor faster than I thought possible. I was conscious enough to scream to my husband for help. I yelled in a panic that I was dying because I really didn't know what was happening to me. I can still hear how pathetic my voice was when I yelled. I was so defeated. I thought, I need to yell to him to come find me now instead of letting him find me unconscious later. I think the panic and screaming made my heart start to beat faster, keeping me awake. He came running down the stairs, asking me what happened. I started crying as I was flat on the floor and said "I don't know, I don't know. I just lost all control of my body in an instant." That was when I agreed to go to the ER.

This weekend was full of dizziness and chills which felt like a million needles all over my body. When I arrived at the hospital they took my blood work, gave me an EKG, gave me a chest X-ray and put an IV in my hand to get some fluid in me. The IV made me feel a lot better. That feeling didn't last long though. After all of the tests, the doctor wanted one more; a CT scan of my chest. Apparently, my bloodwork made the doctor think that I may have a blood clot in my lung.

The good news was that there was no clot; the bad news was that I have pneumonia in my right lung. The only explanation that I have for getting pneumonia so fast is my MS. The neurologist sure was right that illness was going to hit me faster and harder with MS. This was a scary wake up call.

I left the hospital without a fever, but after I got home it spiked back up to 103.5. The doctor wants me out of work all week. I don't have enough vacation time for that, so hopefully I feel well enough to go back in to work on Wednesday.

Sorry for the lack of blogging lately, but now you're up to speed. I promise to start back up as soon as I am feeling better!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone


  1. Oh my gosh! I'm sorry that happened! I'm glad you went to the ER and made sure that everything was okay and that you got the meds you needed to feel better. Hopefully it doesn't keep you down and out for too long! Feel better soon!

  2. Oh my! I hope you feel better soon!!! :)

  3. Oh NO! Sorry to hear that you feel so crummY :( And what a SCARY experience. I hope you feel better very soon!

  4. Oh, how scary! Get better soon and please, take it easy! Rest, rest, rest! :( So sorry to hear this...