Three nights ago, I tried a new vegetarian recipe for dinner. I don't know who loves this dish more, my husband or myself! This dish is loads of yum. We had about 4 containers of leftovers and they didn't stand a chance in our fridge. My husband ate two containers after school one night, and he finished the last container yesterday after work. This dish just has it all - texture, taste and it's easy to make!
New Recipe #13 of 25:
Skillet White Beans, Spinach and Tomatoes over Linguine
Nutrition per serving: 320 calories; 5 fat; 55 carbs; 13 protein
2 tsp olive oil
1 Tablespoon minced garlic
2 cans diced tomatoes with basil, garlic and oregano (do not drain)
1 can any white beans
1 package freshs spinach
6 cups cooked linguine
6 Tablespoons Romano or Parmesan cheese (grated)
1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet.
2. In a separate pan start boiling water for linguine and get linguine cooked while you continue.
3. Add garlic, saute for a minute or so.
4. Add tomatoes and beans and bring to a boil.
5. Cover with spinach, top with lid, reduce heat to low and simmer about 10 minutes. Stir occasionally.
6. Spoon tomato/beans/spinach mixture over linguine and sprinkle with cheese.
This makes 6 servings of 1 cup of pasta, 1 cup of sauce and 1 tablespoon of cheese.
Let me know if you try this recipe, and what you think! We loved it.