I'm setting weekly goals/plans for myself until August 11th. That is the date of my best friend's wedding and I want to feel good about myself in my bridesmaid dress!
The Terms and Conditions:
~ Weigh-in's will be every Sunday morning
~ Dinner plans are to be posted for each week
~ Exercise plans are to be posted for each week
Start Date: 1/11/12
Starting Weight: 245 lbs
Current Date: 7/8/12
Current Weight: 235 lbs (-1 lbs from last week)
Total Loss: 10 lbs.
Goal Weight: 220 lbs.
Goal Date: 8/11/12
Pounds to Goal: 15 lbs.
Dinner Plan for the Week:
Monday: Grilled Chicken Salad w/ Ranch
Tuesday: Fish w/ Rice and Broccoli
Wednesday: Steak Salad
Thursday: Shish kabobs w/ Side Salad
Friday: Shrimp Scampi over Noodles w/ Side Salad
Saturday: *DJing Graduation Party w/ husband*
Exercise Plan for the Week:
This weekend was a lot of fun! My husband and I visited friends in Pittsburgh. While we were in Pittsburgh, we ate a new restaurant.
Rock Bottom Restaurant and Brewery was a really nice place to eat! I tried their salmon salad with parmesan cheese. Both the salad and the salmon were very fresh! I was impressed with the food and the atmosphere. It was a nice place to catch up with some good old friends. By going there I was able to cross off number 24 on my 25 by 25 list.
I have 16 more items to work on for my 25 by 25 list to be complete. I am 5 months in to that challenge and I feel like I will be able to accomplish the rest of my list by the time February rolls around. Having an ongoing challenge like that definitely helps keep me motivated all year around.
Another challenge that I am apart of, as I mentioned in my last post, is the Summer Roadtrip Challenge. I feel like a mad women with all of these challenges going on at once. The Summer Roadtrip Challenge is broken up in to three parts and the challenges change weekly:
Part 1 - Non-Fitness Challenge: Answer the 5 questions, below.
1. How long have you known you had PCOS? Since 2006
2. What kind of doctor/doctors do you see for your PCOS? OB/GYN
3. What medicines are you on for your PCOS? None currently
4. What changes, if any, have you made to your diet or exercise because of PCOS? Increased exercise; tracking nutrition with Sparkpeople
5. How has your diagnosis affected you? Gaining 30 pounds in 3 months lead to me searching for answers. In knowing that I have a disorder that affects my weight, it has given me all the more reason to work at keeping this problem under control as best as I can! I am not "normal". Losing and maintaining weight loss will always be a challenge. Knowing this in advance helps curb my frustrations toward a "stubborn scale".
Part 2 - Fitness Challenge: Track and go 5 miles through exercise this week. (I can do it!)
Part 3 - Food Challenge: Eat 1 fruit and 1 veggie a day/post a fruit or veggie recipe. (I posted my recipe for parsnip fries! That can be found in my recipes tab, above.)
Keeping track of all of my different challenges is, well... challenging! The Summer Roadtrip challenge is only for the month of July, though. Then, my Big Bridesmaid challenge is ending on August 11th. This month is a really important month to see results! Time to get refocused!