While the end of summer vacation would usually be a sad thing, I am actually very excited about the start of something new. Tomorrow, I begin watching my little brother after school. The bus will drop him off at my house around 3:45 and he will get picked up by our parents at 5:45. Piper is going to love having Uncle Evan visit her each day! She thinks he is so funny (because is really is funny). We are going to have so much fun!
As I declared this weekend, I am cleaning up my act this week. Here are the things I'm working on/doing differently this week:
1. Using Motivational Pictures. I changed my desktop background to a picture of myself from when I felt super comfortable in my body. I wasn't much lighter on the scale in that picture, however; I was down in inches and just felt healthy!
2. I am going to take new "Before" pictures. It's not something I want to do, but I think it will help. I have "before" pictures from when I was around 270 pounds and even though I am 30 pounds down from that, I feel the same way I was feeling. My knees hurt when I walk down the stairs; I feel bloated all the time; I am not comfortable in my clothes, etc. If I want this to be a fresh start, I need to treat it like one.
3. I am going to post my daily calories from the week, by the end of the week. Simple as that. Accountability should help keep me on track!
4. I am going to exercise at least 3 times this week. Nothing is going to change if I don't stick to my plans.
5. I am going to drink at least 96 ounces of water each day. This is less of a goal as I started with, but it may be more achievable right now. Setting unrealistic goals for myself is not motivating. This week is about motivation -- getting it back, and keeping it near.
Here's the beginning of it all!
Calories for Monday:
Breakfast: 352 calories
Coffee with creamer
1/2 Bagel sandwich with cream cheese and sausage
You can check in with my tracking daily by following this link, or check back later this week for the full rundown!
Readers, what goal are you keeping in mind today? What are you looking forward to this week?