My husband and I are in Week Four of my HealthyWage Challenge and we are desperately in need of a "second wind", here.
I was starting to feel my motivation start to fade by the end of Week Three, especially when I came to find that I had only lost .2 lbs from the week prior. Motivation doesn't last. When motivation fades, it's time to get creative.
Last year, I made a list of 50 Reason I Want to Lose 50 Pounds. I made this list as a reminder of why I need not give up on myself. It's a good tool to bring out when I'm feeling lazy and lacking motivation.
I am going to review my list now, to give me that many more reasons why I need to keep going:
- I want to live a long and healthy life for myself and my loved ones
- I want to be there for Nick and Piper
- I want to feel better in my pre-pregnancy clothes again
- I want to look better in my pre-pregnancy clothes again
- I want to be able to sit on the floor without much trouble getting up
- I want to have less pain in my knees
- I want to be able to keep up with Piper in future years
- I want to sit with Piper on rides at amusement parks
- I want to feel better in my own skin
- I want to add years to my life, instead of take them away
- I want to stop having to suck it in to buckle seat belts on airplanes
- I want to not have to worry if a seat belt will fit
- I want to not have to wonder if I will fit into certain chairs
- I want to not have to worry about fitting in tighter spaces
- I want my weight to not be a burden to anyone else
- I want to feel more comfortable physically
- I want to move more freely and easily
- I want to be able to shop from a bigger selection of workout clothes
- I want to be able to shop from a bigger selection of clothes in general
- I want to get out of the plus section in stores
- I want to be able to shop at more stores for my clothes
- I want to not have to worry if stores will have my size
- I want to have less pain walking down stairs
- I want to have less trouble picking up my knees in jazzercise class
- I want to be able to move more easily in jazzercise class
- I want to be able to better keep up with the moves in jazzercise class
- I want to have more room between me and the driving wheel in cars
- I want to feel more comfortable in small chairs
- I want to be faster
- I want to be able to have more range of motion
- I want to run again
- I want to be free to do more exercises without pain
- I want to have less fat putting pressure on my bones
- I want to have less fat putting pressure on my organs
- I want to not be so winded going up and down stairs
- I want to have less pain in my feet
- I want to have less pain in my back
- I want to not feel the weight of my stomach on my lap
- I want to not have to miss out on anything because of my weight
- I want to be able to bend over with less trouble
- I want my body to feel better when I get out of bed in the morning
- I want Piper to be able to sit on more of my lap
- I want to be able to play with Piper more easily
- I want to stop running into things with my stomach
- I want my stomach to be smaller for when I have to reach for something
- I want to go down in dress size
- I want to go down in bra size
- I want to look more healthy
- I want to be more healthy
- I want to be more free
January 6th starting weight: 254 lbs.
January 27th weight: 246.3 lbs.
Total loss: 8 lbs.
Here's to starting the week with 50 more reasons why I need to keep going. I only have 7 more pounds to lose in this particular challenge, however, losing 50 pounds this year would be ideal.
Readers, what's your ideal weight loss goal for this year?