Throughout my weight-loss journey, I am coming to find that if I want to feel good, I need to eat good. Sounds like common sense, right? However, when I feel bad, I often go for the "comfort" foods.
You know what I'm talking about.
The truth is, eating more of the comfort foods vs. more healthier options may bring me the comfort I'm seeking for a little while but, eating well will make me feel better in the long run.
Whenever I feel like seeking comfort in food, I need to ask myself this:
Do I want to feel comfortable from the satisfaction of eating junk food or do I want to feel more comfortable in my own skin because I ate well, lost weight, have better mobility, can breath easier, etc.?
To keep going in the right direction, I am making some promises to myself.
1. It's time to start treating food more like fuel for my body, again. It just runs better when I eat better.
2. I need to look at buying healthy food at the grocery store as an investment in my well-being. No more excuses not to buy all the fruits and veggies we need for the week. I am not going to cheap out on myself, anymore. I am worth it.
3. I am not going to waste any more fruits and vegetables. I am going to keep doing my Sunday meal prep and snack preps for the week. I won't have as much waste if I prep and store my food properly.
4. I am going to keep my fridge cleaned out so I can have more room for the "good stuff" and to make the good stuff more visible to me; giving it more opportunity to be my first option more often.
5. I am done treating myself like a garbage can.
The other day, I overcooked my toddler's chicken fries. I knew they were too overdone for her liking. I had to make more. Instead of just throwing away the over-done chicken fries, I was tempted to just eat them, so they didn't go to waste. I wasn't even hungry, though! I almost ate them but, I didn't. It still bothers me to say that I threw them away but, it was the right thing to do. I am not a garbage can.
Earlier this week, I was craving a second wind. I am happy to say, it has arrived! I am seeing the scale move down again, and I am feeling great from fueling my body with real, good food.
I am doing this!