Wednesday, November 18, 2020

Pre-Baby Quarantine: Days 1 - 3

About 20 days prior to expecting our arrival of sweet baby #2, we decided to self-quarantine our family. COVID cases are rising at an alarming rate in our area. We have chosen to do our best to keep our family healthy and safe in the days leading up to delivery and this is how we feel we can do that best right now.

During this self-quarantine, my husband will continue to go to work, but we will not be having any visitors at our house and we will not be visiting others. We will also be doing all of our grocery shopping via pick-up. However, we both agree that if we get a nice warm day in the days leading up to delivery we will absolutely meet up with family outside with distance and masks. We went into this quarantine knowing it was coming, and so we were able to have some final visits with family before we locked down.

Being 9 months pregnant at the height of this pandemic is an unimaginable situation to be in. While we have so much joy in our hearts, we also battle an intense amount of fear daily. Spending time with God each morning is not an option; it’s a requirement for survival in our household at this point. As we seek Him, He has been so good to meet us exactly where we are and give us exactly what we need for each day.

DAY 1:

On the first day of quarantine, I had my husband bring all of the clothing bins we had stored away from when Piper was a baby up to me in the nursery. I sorted through all the clothes, washed the clothes, put away some clothes and came up with a good system for both set of kids clothing moving forward. 

There’s still some work to be done on the clothing front but overall it felt good to begin tackling that big task on day one of quarantine.

DAY 2:

On the second day of quarantine, my true love gave to me... a full day of unexpected and extreme nesting! What started as just going to the basement to swap the laundry ended up being a total overhaul of the basement. We ended up spending 7 hours cleaning out the basement that day! 6 bags of donation, 2 bags of trash, and a big bonfire of burnables later, it was time to swap the laundry again. This has definitely been the biggest incident of my spontaneous nesting to date!

In between all of the cleaning, I also made ham and bean soup for lunch and chili for dinner. This made plenty of leftovers for lunches during the week! 

Day 2 of quarantine was very productive and it wouldn't have been able to happen without an intense amount of help from my sweet husband.

DAY 3:

We had to break our quarantine just a little on the third day of quarantine to take Piper to the eye doctor. Piper needed her eyes rechecked and her glasses fitted. We were the first customers of the day and were as safe as we could be! 

When we were all finished at the eye doctor's office, we saw the local coffeehouse across the street only had 1 customer in it. This coffeehouse goes beyond the 6ft distancing rule; the tables are probably spaced 12ft apart. They also have a couple different rooms for seating. Needless to say, we felt safe enough for a quick visit since we were already out, and we were so early in our quarantine. So, we celebrated Piper's new glasses with decaf coffee for mom and a chocolate donut for Piper.

The rest of the day included the normal things that come with schooling from home. While it hasn't always been easy, we are in such a great rhythm with remote learning and we feel so blessed to have Piper safe at home during this time when cases are on the rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment