Thursday, October 6, 2011

W1D1: She's at it again?!

Okay, this may be my third attempt at the C25K program, but this time will be different. It's going to be different because I'm going to take it at my own pace. Week one may take two weeks, or it may take three. I'm going to be lenient with myself, and really build up my endurance at my own pace.

Of course, the weather is going to be a big factor in this journey. My gym membership is on hold until December. We could be getting snow as early as next week, we never know here. Thankfully, yesterday was a beautiful day to start week one!

I decided to attempt day one on the track yesterday after work. I was lucky in that I was alone. The temperature was about 68 degrees with no breeze. The sun was shining, the air smelled like fall and there were leaves on the track to boot. It was a beautiful evening, and I was really excited to be outside, taking advantage of it.

My first three intervals of running weren't that bad. I was panting, alright, but I was making it through the 60 seconds without counting down for dear life! During the fourth interval, I got a cramp on my right side under my ribs. It wasn't horrible, just enough to slow me down a bit. The cramp stuck with me throughout runs 5, 6, and 7. It was actually stronger during my walks. The fifth interval was tedious. I started negotiating with myself. I remember thinking "you don't have to run past those bleachers over there, if the time isn't up by then, you can walk, but just keep running until then." I did that through runs 6 and 7, too. The great part was that by the time I came to negotiating with myself, my run was just about done and I didn't stop early at all. During the sixth run, through my panting, I actually talked aloud to the guy on the podcast. I said, "isn't it time yet?" at the time, I convinced myself that runs 6 and 7 were a few seconds longer than the rest. At the end of my seventh run, my entire body got stiff the second that I started walking. It almost made me topple over, my legs completely cramped up. I just kept walking and by the time that my last run came, I was ready to do it! That run felt like the shortest run of them all, oddly enough. It was great!

The picture above is of me right after finishing my last run. I was trying to smile and catch my breath at the same time. Not very flattering, but I was just so happy that I did it!

Oh yeah, and right after I was finished with my cool down, I went to grab my keys which were hanging on a post and I just about had a heart attack when I almost grabbed that green bugger pictured above. It startled me pretty good! I snapped a picture then slowly took my keys and walked back to my car.

When I got home, I made shrimp with pasta for dinner. Easy and delicious!

After dinner, I stretched by our pond. It was relaxing and felt so good! The sun was going down, my pond lights were coming on. The crickets were singing and the sound from our small waterfalls made me feel like I could just sit there all night.

After stretching, I treated myself to a glass of wine and a lemon muffin. The glass of wine and muffin was a treat for taking my Copaxone injection. For those of you who don't know, that is the medicine that I am suppose to inject daily to help with my MS. I haven't been very consistent lately with my injections, so I am working on that.

This morning, I am a little sore, but in a good way! I'm very happy that I completed day one, and I am looking forward to day two! Bring it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment